Saturday, February 13, 2010

Projects, projects, projects.

I need to have projects while being a full-time mom. It keeps my mind on things other than naps, sippy cups and picking up toys on a daily basis. A little bit of sewing therapy goes a long way. My project priority right now is the felt playhouse that I am currently working on, a big surprise that was supposed to be for Christmas. Time was short, the excitement and pure exhaustion that came with being newly pregnant put that on hold just a bit. I have it about half done, and am very excited to spend a night or two wrapping this up. Trayton is going to love his little playhouse! This project is taking me out of the box just a little bit by challenging my creativity and expanding my crafting abilities.

I have also washed and prepped the fabric for a simple tote-bag. I can't wait to get started on that, the polka dot outer fabric that I purchased is perfect! Of all the bags I have, it is time for something more trendy and less diaper-bag-ish. Stay tuned for pics and ideas!

I have Jill to thank for the inspiration for both of these projects, check her blog out here.

No comments: