Thursday, May 13, 2010

Maternity Refashion




Maternity jeans are nothing to write home about, at least not for me. Waist is too small, length isn't right, panel goes over the belly instead of under, crotch hangs to your knees, etc. Any combination of these makes for a very unpleasant experience. I recently came across a pair at Goodwill for $4 that actually fit! They came with a semi-full panel, but it didn't keep the pants up no matter how tight I pulled on the drawstring through the elastic. I opted to cut off the existing belly panel and convert over to an under belly waistband. With a little 2" elastic, an old stretchy knit tank top and some help from Meg and this tutorial, viola! I am very pleased with how they turned out as I haven't sewn with jersey much, and the stretch factor always makes me a little uneasy. All in all I got myself a new pair of jeans for less than $10!

No comments: