Thursday, May 13, 2010

Trayton turned "2"

My baby boy is growing ever so swiftly before my eyes. Daily he amazes me with what he has learned and accomplished as a very curious little boy. We had a fun and busy day celebrating his birthday. I made my second annual birthday shirt for him and we headed out to visit everyone we could. We started out the rainy day with lunch at Great-Grandma's house where Ephraim, Isaac, Auntie Lori and Grandma joined in on the fun. I brought balloons, they brought presents for Trayton. It was a good trade. The kids all had their share of fun, and then it was off to GR with Grandma. A ride and a short nap later, we hit the thrift store (that was more for mommy). We met Dan at the shop and had some pizza while he waited for his work to arrive. Trayton got to climb all over Grandpa's backhoe-loader and boy did he love that! Since it was Tulip Time, and the weather had turned from earlier in the day we made our way downtown. Dancing didn't start for a while yet, so we detoured to a local school playground. The slides and spinning things are favorites! I did my best to wear the little guy out, he needed to run around and play a while. We made it downtown just in time to watch the girls dance and then homeward we went. I just got Trayton into the house kicking and screaming only to realize he had locked me out. One tight squeeze later, I got inside. What a perfect ending to a great birthday celebration. Note to self, don't leave a smart toddler unattended near the screen door. After a full day of fun, he surprised me yet again. Overall we had a wonderful day together, turning two is twice the fun as turning one was, and I am sure the birthdays to follow will only get better! The big birthday party is coming Saturday, I can't wait to see what is in store for us there!

2 comments:

April said...

Hi, I love your ideas on different projects. I am also a stay at home mom, love taking pictures, and crafts... when i can. hope you don't mind if i follow your ideas...
april

Michelle said...

Thanks! Go right ahead, I'd love to see what you've done! I can't take all the credit for the ideas, but only for the handiwork. Crafts are a great outlet for me while I grow my family.

Michelle