Monday, August 15, 2011

The best one yet!

I saw my first hooded towel when my sister was expecting.  I purchased one from a friend for her baby shower gift.  It was free from any major embellishments aside from a ribbon around the hood.  It was her favorite color; lime green.  It was neutral.  Very functional.  After all the positive feedback, and gasps of how darling and useful this was going to be, I gave it a good look and began sewing them.  Hooded-towels became my new go-to gift for babies.  I began sewing one for every baby shower I was invited to, and each one became a bit more detailed, more personal.  Each time I gave one away, all the mother's in the room raved on how functional these were, and how it is the ONE thing they still use, years later.  I had no idea I could have such an impact, I wasn't a mommy.  The new owner to this hooded towel was born yesterday.  She's her mommy's first born daughter, and though we didn't know if it would be a he or a she, I think this one will fit her just perfectly.  After all, pink isn't the only color she can wear, it just may be the best color, but not the only color, in my opinion.  Welcome to the world, baby Elise.  I hope you like your bath-time as much as your mommy likes to wrap you in your towel.

No comments: